“When people receive a meal, they get to feel they’re cared about.”
Food n’ Friends serves over 24,000 emergency meals in Attleboro, Mansfield, North Attleboro, Norton, and Seekonk.
Do you know what it feels like to be hungry? When you have missed a few meals or perhaps not eaten in days, there is a deep-down pain and panic that goes along with knowing there is not enough money to buy food.
Nine percent of households in Massachusetts face food insecurity. One in seven children in Bristol County do not reliably have enough food to eat. Those hungry may be a child you see at the bus stop, parent you pass on your way to work, or an older adult you notice sitting alone in the park on your way home. They may be a friend, a neighbor, your child’s classmate or a member at your house of worship. They are quietly starving in plain sight.
Every donation assists us in delivering sufficient nutritional aid locally, to those struggling with hunger. Your support is truly meaningful. Together we serve – here are some examples of your donations put into action:
- we can repair and replace essential appliances and equipment – $1,000
- we can support the salaries of our four part-time employees, coordinating programming for our neighbors in need – $500
- we can buy a new culinary knife set and get chopping – $250
- we can pay for the rental of a food truck – $100
- we can feed 15 children at our Kids Summer Cafés (bagged lunches) – $50
- we can feed 15 guests at our Daily Kitchens and Family Cafés (hot meals) – $25
Your contribution to the 2019 Annual Appeal will make a distinct impact. On behalf of those we serve, thank you!
Attleboro Area Interfaith Collaborative