Attleboro Area Interfaith Collaborative was founded on May 8, 1946 with nineteen churches as charter members including eleven from Attleboro, and the YMCA. Today our partners have grown to include 36 houses of worship and faith-based partners of diverse denominations.
For 23 years, the Masonic Temple in Attleboro served as the first “home” for the AAIC offices. In 1970, the offices were moved to Murray Unitarian Universalist Church, Attleboro. In 2002 the offices were located at 7 North Main Street in Attleboro. Later AAIC moved to 95 Pine Street, Attleboro, in the former Richardson School. In 2020, the organization operated remotely in response to the impact of the pandemic. In 2021, it officially transitioned its office space with the Attleboro YMCA at the Sweet Community House.
On January 24, 2017, Attleboro Area Council of Churches changed its name to Attleboro Area Interfaith Collaborative. The new name was chosen to better reflect the vision of the founders to promote dialogue between diverse houses of worship and honor the diversity of the faith beliefs of its volunteers and the community-at-large.
Attleboro Area Interfaith Collaborative has been led by ten executives: the Rev. Daniel Potter, the Rev. Arthur Rinden, the Rev. Robert Ryder, Carolyn L. Bronkar, Elaine Gaetani, Janet Long, Dorothy Embree, Kat Wright, and Lisa Piscatelli. Marcia Szymanski is currently serving as Interim Executive Director.
The programs operating under the auspices of Attleboro Area Interfaith Collaborative are Food n’ Friends, Interfaith Chaplaincy, and Resource Junction.